Jun 11, 2017

Tie Dye with Baby Wipes

This is a really easy project that I enjoyed as much as the students. I did this with grade 1 students but I'm sure any year level will enjoy it. The idea comes from 'I Can Teach My Child', where Jenae says you can use either regular textas/markers or liquid watercolours. I found the markers weren't as effective so we used tempera paints. I also discovered that very few children this age could wind the rubber bands around the wipes so you will probably need a helper for young children.

The results were exciting though and once dry you could incorporate them into another art work. We simply glued ours onto card as an example of experimental painting. We also completed 'Spin Paintings' in the same lesson. With older students you could discuss more about the history of the artform and perhaps link it to similar techniques such as Batik.
  

8 comments:

  1. For certain I will review out more posts. Keep on sharing dude, thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great article, Wish you would write more. good luck for more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please post some more articles on this topic. Thank you for sharing this

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi everyone, Really I am impressed to this post. Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there, I enjoy reading all of your article.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This article is very helpful and interesting too. Keep doing this in future.

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank you again for allowing me to read these posts, and have a nice day today. Thank youuu.

    ReplyDelete

  8. Helpful info. Lucky me I discovered your web site by chance, and I’m stunned why this

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...